Here Are 8 Reasons Why You Should List With Aunt Marge:
- She thinks your 1970’s furniture is the latest in shabby chic and tells you she “wouldn’t change a thing!”
- She tells you to stay home for every showing with the kids and the dogs because she thinks “they’re precious.”.
- Aunt Marge only does this “part time” and she doesn’t believe in computers but tells you the grocery clerk will let her pin up fliers on the bulletin board of her local Kroger store.
- When you asked her to surf the web she ran home and grabbed her bathing suit.
- She doesn’t understand why the Polaroid pictures she turned in never posted to the MLS.
- She promised to do it for less. (Please GOOGLE the term, “You Get What You Pay For”)
- You won’t have to worry about cleaning before an open house. Aunt Marge will clean your closets and rearrange your kitchen for you.
- She just won’t tell you the honest-to-goodness truth about what it’s going to take to sell your home because she loves you and doesn’t want to hurt your feelings.
But Seriously …
It is perfectly fine to list with Aunt Marge, or Uncle Fred, or Sue, or Tony – IF they have all the credentials you are looking for in a Realtor. Selling your home, especially in today’s market is serious business, and you don’t want to leave anything to chance. As tough as it might be to let down your friend or hurt Aunt Marge’s feelings, this is all about you. You need to make sure you are hiring the best of the best in the industry.
So How Do You Break It To Aunt Marge?
If you decide to hire someone other than a friend or family member, how do you let this person down? One suggestion would be to tell them that you value your relationship with them too much to take a chance on placing both of you in a business relationship. Things could go wrong, and feelings could get hurt, and you just don’t want to take a chance on that happening.
If you would like a market analysis on your Louisville area home, I would be happy to stop by and help you establish “right pricing” for your home. Feel free to write me at Jacki@TheShaferTeam.com or leave me a comment below.